Basic Life Support Training
for healthcare providers
Basic Life Support (BLS) Training is an Instructor-led course which teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both pre-hospital and in-facility environments, with a focus on High-Quality CPR and team dynamics.
Basic Life Support BLS Training is a one day Video led and practice based course. Participants receive an AHA Card and a certificate of Participation valid for 2 years.
- Recognition of a cardiac arrest
- Recognition of a Medical Emergency
- High Quality CPR for Adults, child and infants,
- Delivering Breaths (single and multiple Rescuer breaths)
- Single rescuer dynamics
- Team dynamics
- Recognizing and Rescuing a Choking person
- Cardiopulmonary Sequence (CPR Compression Rate and depth)
BLS training is intended for certified or noncertified, licensed or non-licensed, healthcare professionals, including:
- Physicians (Including Rig / Vessel Physicians)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Occupational therapists
- Emergency Medical Technicians
- Students in training aides
- Medical or Nursing assistants
- Other allied Health Personnel
- Company/corporate drivers
- Police officers and firefighters, engineers, rig workers
- Workers in construction / production units of heavy duty equipment
- Laypeople whose work brings them into contact with members of the public, such as school, fitness center, or hotel and restaurant employees.
Medical emergencies are rare but can happen at any time, which is why it is important to learn about, and stay up to date with, the most current treatment practices to be used in your setting.