Advanced Cardiopulmonary Life Support
The ACLS for healthcare provider course builds on the foundation of lifesaving Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR.
The importance of team dynamics, communication, systems of care, and immediate post-cardiac arrest care are highlighted. ACLS also covers airway management and related pharmacology.
ACLS course covers:
- ACLS algorithms
- Science overview (update course)
- Immediate post-cardiac-arrest care
- BLS and ACLS surveys
- Airway management
- ACS Rhythm recognition
- Mega code treatment
- High-quality CPR
- Identification and initial care of other life-threatening clinical situations (such as stroke)
- 1-rescuer CPR AED
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics
ACLS training is intended for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the resuscitation of a patient, whether in or out of the hospital, including:
- Rig / Vessel Physicians,
- Emergency MedicaL
- Technicians/ Paramedics
- Staff in intensive care units and emergency or critical care departments
- other professionals who may respond to a cardiovascular emergency
Students should be able to identify ECG rhythms and should know pharmacology specific to cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiopulmonary emergencies before beginning the course.